Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies are great with your favorite frosting.
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons evaporated milk or 4 teaspoons cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream together the Crisco and sugar.
- Add vanilla, egg, and evaporated milk; mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out and use your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375° on a greased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Excellent sugar cookie recipe! In order to keep the chewiness, be careful not to over bake! The flavor was sweet, but not overly sweet. I used a frosting glaze, and the results were delicious! I might try to use 1/2 butter, 1/2 crisco next time. Thanks!
To me, any cookie is a good cookie!! I was slightly dissappointed with this one though. I used buttermilk instead of the cream and baked mine for about 10 minutes- maybe thats where I went wrong. They werent very sweet and were pretty crumbly when cooled. We still ate them of course!!! Looking for a chewy recipe- thanks though :)
This is a great recipe to use when decorating cut outs. They dont spread like most sugar cookies during baking. I use this recipe everytime I decorate