I was really craving baked goat cheese with bruschetta from a restaurant I regularly go to, so I decided to make a chicken dish inspired by this craving. It's delicious and so simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (or crushed corn flakes)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chunky salsa (store bought or homemade)
- 8 asparagus spears (optional)
- 1Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a pocket in the side of each breat half. Stuff or spread each with about 1/4 cup of goat cheese and if you want, place 2 sticks of asparagus inside as well.
- 2Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat stuffed chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- 3Dip floured chicken breats in beaten eggs, then coat generously with bread crumbs mixed with dried parsley.
- 4Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, only turning once.
- 5Transfer skillet to oven when heated. Bake, uncovered for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 6Serve with salsa or bruschetta on the side, or on top, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Stuffed Chicken Ever - so Easy
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 174.1 mg
- Sodium 1279.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soft fresh goat cheese