Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
I was really craving baked goat cheese with bruschetta from a restaurant I regularly go to, so I decided to make a chicken dish inspired by this craving. It's delicious and so simple!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (or crushed corn flakes)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chunky salsa (store bought or homemade)
- 8 asparagus spears (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a pocket in the side of each breat half. Stuff or spread each with about 1/4 cup of goat cheese and if you want, place 2 sticks of asparagus inside as well.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat stuffed chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- Dip floured chicken breats in beaten eggs, then coat generously with bread crumbs mixed with dried parsley.
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, only turning once.
- Transfer skillet to oven when heated. Bake, uncovered for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with salsa or bruschetta on the side, or on top, and enjoy!
Don't make the same mistake as me and get skinny chicken breasts! That's the only thing I would change