Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love stuffed cabbage but not the work, so I found this recipe and it is really good without having to roll the leaves. It is done on the stove, no baking.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 large onion (chopped fine)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (In juice)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 head cabbage (I use a small head, cored and cut in quarters)
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- Brown Hamburg in large sauce pan (atleast 3qt).
- In seperate pan boil rice, set aside.
- Put cabbage in casserole dish with 1/4cup water.
- Micowave cabbage on high for 12-14min. set aside.
- Drain grease from hamburg return to pan and add chopped onion.
- Cook til onion is translucent.
- Add Tomatoes with juice,Tomato Sauce, Cinnamin & Brown Sugar.
- Cut up cabbage a bit more and add to pan.
- Add rice and cook on low for about 1 hour.