- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 green peppers, parboiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in dutch oven and drain well.
- Add celery and onion and saute until tender.
- Add rice, tomatoes, and spices.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, or until all of the juice is gone.
- Add cheese and stir till melted.
- Stuff into peppers.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.