Recipe by Dee in WI
This is always a request from friends, and it never lasts long at a party. I have one friend who sits with the bowl in his lap and keeps eating it all night long. When someone asks what he's eating, he says "the best s**t on Earth", so that's where I got the name for it (I cleaned it up, of course!!). It's very good with almost any kind of cracker - we eat it with Ritz or Wheatables, but you can try any kind you like. I also usually make it with the light mayonnaise, and it doesn't affect the flavor at all. You can also use the packaged bacon-bits (real, not imitation) to make it even easier. Hope you enjoy it!!
Top Review by Rebecca Bowman
Addictive! I may this for New Year's Eve. It went faster then anything on the snack table! I made one batch as written and one with Ranch Dressing since my husband will not touch anything with Mayo. In a taste test conducted by my twin 16 year old nephews..the Mayo one was better but the ranch one had an interesting zing. Will be making this often! Already have an order for a batch for the Superbowl!
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped (white AND green parts)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bacon, onions, cheese, and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add about 1 cup of mayonnaise (make sure it's mayo, not salad dressing) and stir to coat.
- You'll need to keep adding mayo until all ingredients are just held together- it's kind of a paste consistency, not overly mayo-ish.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.