Recipe by Hair Chef
I found another recipe for Steel Cut Oatmeal on the web. Made some adjustments, and it's delicious!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I love steel oats, and I really love that this recipe made it so easy to have breakfast ready when we woke up - since the coffee maker is on auto too it was so nice to just dish it out. It's gettng cooler around here now so this was a wonderful wake-up call. After reading some of the post about clean up, I chose to use a "crock-pot liner bag" which made it a breeze. Then followed the directions with the exceptions of the cranberries and raisins (don't like either) when we got up I did add some frozen blueberries from our garden harvest and left them to sit until they thawed in the hot oats. So easy and so good, I know this will end up being a winter stable.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 cups hot water (not boiling)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (whole milk works best)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick spray (I use canola).
- Add all ingredients to crock pot (may add raisins and/or cranberries in the morning - depending on texture preference.
- Turn to low setting.
- Cook for 8-9 hours (turn on last thing before bedtime).