Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a family recipe that has been developed only over the last 5 years. 7/5/12, reduced basil per reviews.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil, dried
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley flakes, dried
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic (optional)
- Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour marinade over desired type of meat. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.
I would use this on super cheap cuts of meat from a bad store, thats about it. If you have a good cut of beef this will drown it out of recognition. Stick to kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Simple, easy and tasty. I took a nice T-bone steak and let it marinate overnight. I grilled the steak on my Cuisinart grill to a perfect medium-rare. The steak turned out tender, juicy and very, very flavorful. I didn't need to use any steak sauce, but still couldn't give up my horseradish sauce. Served with Recipe #482418 and Recipe #355020.
I used this with petite sirloin fillets. The meat was put into the marinade in the morning and then grilled in the early evening. They were well flavored. Made for ZWT 8.