Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I pair this wonderful spinach salad up with my Best Raspberry Salad Dressing (Vinaigrette) and top with wonderfully easy Glazed Almonds and fruit!
- 340.19 g package romaine lettuce, cleaned and torn
- 198.44 g package baby spinach leaves, cleaned
- 177.44 ml fresh strawberries, sliced (or whole raspberries)
- 118.29 ml fresh pineapple
- 118.29 ml mandarin orange
- 0 green onion, sliced
- 236.59 ml raw almonds
- 78.07 ml sugar
- Salad & Fruit: Layer salad ingredients onto salad plates, top with cooled Glazed Almonds and serve optionally with Best Raspberry Dressing (Vinaigrette).
- Glazed Almonds: Heat a heavy skillet on high heat, add almonds and sprinkle generously with sugar, stirring until sugar melts.
- Caution: The molten sugar is very HOT. Transfer nuts to cool completely on a plate.
- Break up into pieces.
Have made this salad many times before but just realized, I have never rated it! Definitely 5 stars. It's a great way to get some fruits & greens in at once! And of course, the glazed almonds are always a hit on their own too!
This looked so good, I decided to add it to my Christmas menu, and am I glad I did. It was a winner from start to finish. Loved the salad dressing too! I will be making this often. Thanks Sharon! Jenn