Top Review by Designing Diva
Have made this salad many times before but just realized, I have never rated it! Definitely 5 stars. It's a great way to get some fruits & greens in at once! And of course, the glazed almonds are always a hit on their own too!
- 1 (12 ounce) package romaine lettuce, cleaned and torn
- 1 (7 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, cleaned
- 3⁄4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced (or whole raspberries)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange
- 1⁄4 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Salad & Fruit: Layer salad ingredients onto salad plates, top with cooled Glazed Almonds and serve optionally with Best Raspberry Dressing (Vinaigrette).
- Glazed Almonds: Heat a heavy skillet on high heat, add almonds and sprinkle generously with sugar, stirring until sugar melts.
- Caution: The molten sugar is very HOT. Transfer nuts to cool completely on a plate.
- Break up into pieces.