Recipe by hotdish
This dip is demanded at every family function, and the recipe is requested by everyone who attends! My sister has me make it and freeze it in individual portions so she can have it on hand all the time!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed well
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- After rinsing artichoke hearts, trim so that just the leaves remain.
- Melt butter in a pot, cook onions over medium heat until softened.
- Add garlic,cook for about a minute.
- Add flour, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cream. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until it begins to thicken.
- Add cream cheese and monterey jack and parm ,stir until melted.
- Stir in spinach and artichokes,heat through.
- To serve, pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 350 until bubbly, or pour into crock pot set on "warm.".
- Serve with tortilla or pita chips.