Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
i Made this by tweeking other recipes i found. Very good meal.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb soy crumbles
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (7 ounce) box Spanish rice mix (rice a roni)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packageof meat loaf seasoning (Mccormick Meatloaf Seasoning Mix )
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce (26oz can hunts garic and herb sauce)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- Remove tops and seeds from 6 green peppers. Simmer cleaned peppers (upright) for 5 minutes in 1/2" salted water. Drain and cool slightly before stuffing. (This step will eliminate the slightly bitter taste stuffed peppers often have.).
- Cook rice according to box.
- Sauté onion, Soy crumbles, garlic, mushrooms in butter. Add Meatloaf mix, water, sugar, and pepper.
- Continue to cook over med heat. Cover and simmer for about 5 minute.
- When rice and soy mixture is complete, stir together in large bowl with half can of sauce. Stuff peppers with soy and rice mixture.
- Place in shallow, oven-proof dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over and around peppers. Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.