Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Real Southern Tea. My Family has been making tea like this for many many years. Hope everyone enjoys it.
- 2 big tea bags (can use 6 small tea bags)
- 3 cups water (in small pot)
- 1 -3 cup sugar ((I use 1 cup)
- tap water (put in 1 gal container)
- Place the tea bags and 3 cups of water in small pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Take off heat and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Mean while, put 1 to 3 cups of sugar and tap water in the gallon container, and mix.
- Pour warm boiled tea water into the container holding back the tea bags with a big plastic spoon. Fill the pot (with the bags still in it) with tap water and pour into container til almost full. Do not break the tea bags.(if so you can still drink it)
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool. Chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice. (I try to wait at least an hour before drinking. But it’s so good, you won't be ble to. The longer you wait the better it is.)
I have never made tea heating the water with the tea bag in it. This turned out nicely and I enjoyed drinking the tea. Thanks for posting! :)