Recipe by Christineyy!
I made this recipe when I was craving peanut butter cookies. Everyone who tried them loved them because they were so soft! I made mine tiny bite size cookies and the recipe made a bunch.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
Chose this recipe because of the chef's bio, which was terrific; great and inspiring to see younger generation so happy with the simpler things in life. Cookies were delicious; my 4 yr old loved them. She helped to make them, recipe was simple enough. Followed recipe but subbed all organic ingredients on the list and did cut the sugar back just a bit and used turbinado sugar, since she would be eating a lot of them. We will make these again...nice texture; great flavor. Best wishes to you and your endeavors!
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt 1/2 cup butter in microwave.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup brown sugar to the melted butter and cream all together.
- Add the other 1/2 cup butter to your prepared butter/sugar combo and mix.
- Add rest of sugar, brown sugar, and the peanut butter. Cream well.
- Add egg whites and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and combine once more.
- Gradually add flour mixture to your wet mix about 1/3 cup at a time until all the flour is combined.
- Roll dough into round balls of any size and place on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then remove to a cooled surface. ENJOY!