Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've gotten rave reviews on this sloppy joe recipe! It is a great recipe to double or even quadruple, for big crowds. Can also be made with turkey burger.
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- Combine all ingredients, except meat, in a saucepan.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Brown and drain hamburger.
- Add sauce mixture and simmer for at least 10 minutes more.
WOW! This one was soooooo easy. And the title is right - absolutely the best sloppy joes ever!! My husband finished it off tonight and he seldom eats the same leftovers the next night. I might add a little chopped onion next time only because I like onions. Thanks for a great recipe that I will use many times over!! Made for PAC 09
This was very tasty. My 7 year old son who hates sloppy joe from the can even loved it, so that alone tells me that this is a keeper. My daughter who's 2 loved it. The only thing that I left out was the marjoram and that was because I didn't have any. Thanks Holly for a delicious recipe that even my PICKY son loves!