Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Best sloppy joe recipe I've ever used. I put them on open buns and sprinkle chopped onions on top.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with juice, cut up
- 2 teaspoons quick oats
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In dutch oven brown meat, onion and green pepper; drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, oats, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and water.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
I added a little ketchup to sweeten it up some. Great recipe !
Great recipe! Couldn't quite get it thick enough, but it was still good, and the flavor's what matters, right? I added a little heinz 57 for some flavor and it was awesome!!
Instead of ground beef I used the boca burger imitation beef. The flavor was still quite good. I would do again.