Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Pancakes: 4 ingredients, 0 fat, 10 minutes total cook time - sounds impossible. Well, they're also delicious! Must be tried to believe. Sub in fruit, splenda, as desired to tune it.
- 1⁄2 cup dry oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1⁄2 banana (optional)
- blend all ingredients (except fruit, if using) in a blender or cuisinart until a smooth batter (~30 seconds).
- add fruit (optional).
- measure out ~1/3 cup.
- cook on a griddle heated to 375, with pam (or a nonstick pan on medium high heat) for ~3 minute.
- flip and cook other side for 2 minutes.
I too had some cottage cheese to get rid of (a different brand that was yucky) and I loved these. I was only able to get 3 1/3 cup servings out of this recipe though so that increase the calories per serving.
I was very sceptical but had a container of cottage cheese I had to use up so I thought I would try it. WOW! I am so glad I did. You really do have to try it to believe it.