Recipe by Tabby Bartley
Found on a Disney site. I modified it a bit. Chose to use boxed butter and herb mashed potatoes because its quicker (could use homemade but be sure to also add milk) This is the best one ive tried yet. Tons of flavour!!
Top Review by kniendorf
This recipe is awesome! Everyone's favorite in my house. As another reviewer mentioned, adding the shredded cheddar cheese on top is a must. I double the garlic and I use frozen mixed veggies peas/carrots/corn/green beans) instead of just corn. Also reheats well for leftovers (if there are any!).
- 354.88 ml frozen corn kernels
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 566.99 g ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 236.59 ml diced canned tomato
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- instant mashed potatoes
- 118.29 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the corn according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery in the butter, stirring often, for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown. Drain any excess fat! set the heat to medium low, Stir the garlic and flour into the beef mixture. Stir in the beef broth, then the canned tomatoes, the herbs, corn, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gently simmer the mixture for several minutes, partially covered, then add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture to a large casserole. Set the oven to 400°
- Cook mashed potatoes according to package instructions. When done add 1/2 cup sour cream. Spoon on to top of meat mix. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake on the center oven rack for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Cool for several minutes before serving.