Recipe by marykaia
Just found this recipe in family circle magazine and can't wait to try it. Looked here on recipezaar and could not find one like it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, melted
Sour Cream Glaze
- 10 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Lightly dust pan with flour; shake out any excess flour.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Beat according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Topping: Blend flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter in medium bowl until mixture is evenly moistened and clumps together.
- Remove cake from oven. Sprinkle with crumbs (this will be a thick layer). Return to oven; bake 15 minutes or until crumbs are slightly set. Remove pan to wire rack and let cool completly.
- Glaze: Whisk 8 tablespoons of the confectioner's sugar with the sour cream in a bowl. Dust top of cake evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar. Drizzle with glaze. Store cake, tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.