Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just found this recipe in family circle magazine and can't wait to try it. Looked here on recipezaar and could not find one like it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, melted
Sour Cream Glaze
- 10 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Lightly dust pan with flour; shake out any excess flour.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Beat according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Topping: Blend flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter in medium bowl until mixture is evenly moistened and clumps together.
- Remove cake from oven. Sprinkle with crumbs (this will be a thick layer). Return to oven; bake 15 minutes or until crumbs are slightly set. Remove pan to wire rack and let cool completly.
- Glaze: Whisk 8 tablespoons of the confectioner's sugar with the sour cream in a bowl. Dust top of cake evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar. Drizzle with glaze. Store cake, tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
I save this recipe from Family Circle and finally made it. My family really liked it and enjoyed it. Easy to make. I might make a little more of the glaze next time!!
Absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. As soon as I read it this morning I started baking. I did add a little cream to the glaze as it was too thick to drizzle. I can see this will be a regular in my house.