When I used to regularly do Christmas craft shows, I always sold this packaged up in Christmas tins; it was a big seller for me. My SIL always hoped it wouldn't sell well, though, so she could eat what didn't sell! Based on a Bonnie Stern recipe.
- When I make this recipe, it's the only time I haul out my hot-air popcorn popper; use 1/3 cup popcorn to achieve the 8 cups of popped corn.
- Preheat oven to 275F; have ready a jelly roll pan.
- Place popped corn in a very large bowl.
- In a large, heavy saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup and bring to a boil; let boil for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat.
- Note that it is IMPORTANT to use a large saucepan, as this mixture will bubble up.
- Add baking soda and vanilla to sugar mixture and combine well.
- Pour this mixture over popped corn and combine, then spread mixture out onto jelly roll pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring well every 10 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.