Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this recipe about 15 years ago, I make it for potlucks and such and its always cleaned up quick. takes a bit of time for chopping and such but is worth every bit of it. This makes a large batch, but can be cut in half for smaller appetites. Tastes even better when made a day ahead.
- 2 (680.38 g) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 907.18 g imitation crabmeat
- 453.59 g small shrimp, boiled
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced, including tops
- 453.59 g package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 170.09 g canlarge black olives, drained and sliced
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml zesty Italian salad dressing
- Boil pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water till cooled. Drain well.
- Blend mayo and zesty Italian dressing until smooth and creamy.
- Coarsely chop crabmeat.
- Toss pasta, crab, shrimp, green onions, peas,and black olives. Toss with dressing until well mixed and chill.
We loved this - I omitted the shrimp due to my allergies and added some Mrs Dash for extra flavor but otherwise kept as is. It got great reviews and will be a regular addition to our BBQ routines. Thanks!
This recipe was great, although I did make a few changes. I didn't have any crab or peas, so that didn't make it in. I added a can of marinated artichoke hearts and some steamed red bellpepper. Instead of zesty italian, I used house italian, not sure if that made a big difference. This recipe was very easy to make. Easy to add my own changes as well. Thank you so much for the idea!