Recipe by JerseyJoe
This is a Scungilli salad so easy to make. Scungilli has only 45 calories per serving so it's not only addictive it's awesome. Enjoy!
Top Review by peterpaige
I followed this recipe exactly and it was a hit with my Italian-American friends who can only get scungilli at their favorite restaurant. (I'm from "NORTH" Jersey ) I used canned Scungilli and drained it well and picked over and trimmed some of the pieces. A 16 oz can makes a small appetizer portion for 4 people. Use your best and fresh ingredients just like Jersey Joe says and you can't go wrong. This is a great exotic appetizer at a dinner party. When was the last time you were served Scungilli ? Perfect recipe !
- 16 ounces scungilli, sliced and cooked (can use canned)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley (not curly!) or 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (not curly!)
- 8 ounces sliced and pitted black olives (drained)
- 2 tablespoons of your best olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of, and strained
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- OK real easy. Rinse the canned scungilli well (I soak for a couple of seconds and then repeat one more time).
- Take a medium mixing bowl. Add all the above ingredients; toss until mixed well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld and enjoy!