Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sausage gravy poured over my Rich Easy Sunday Biscuits is a real treat but not a lot of work.
- Crumble uncooked breakfast sausage in a heavy skillet and brown.
- Pour off most of the fat.
- Sprinkle flour over the cooked sausage and mix with the fat remaining in the pan. Cook a few minutes to eliminate any raw flour taste.
- Add milk and stir as the gravy starts to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the gravy over biscuits and eat. It's some good!
Simple and wonderful. This is how I have been making sausage gravy for years. I used a reduced fat sausage and needed to add some healthier fat for the sausage and flour to cook through.