Recipe by Jentry
I absolutely LOVE salsa! The chunkier, the better in my opinion. My DH doesn't like it too chunky though, so I put some in a blender for him. If you like it spicy, then add a cut up jalapeno to your desired "heat" level. I leave it out and just eat this stuff by the spoonful.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Here's a great tasting homemade salsa that was a great addition to my finger food counter for a group I host each month ~ Simple & easy-to-prepare! I used half of an orange bell pepper & have of a yellow one to give it great coloring! Definitely my kind of salsa! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 4 -6 tomatoes, depending on the size...mine are medium
- 2 green onions
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the tomatoes and take the seeds out (or you can leave them in if you'd like -- I prefer them out!).
- Cut the green onion into small rings.
- Dice the red pepper about the same size as the tomatoes.
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.