Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in Sourthern Living, this is the only salisbury steak my husband likes so far.
Make and share this Best Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped and divided
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 9.85 ml prepared mustard
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- 4.92 ml pepper, divided
- 226.79 g packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 354.88 ml low sodium beef broth
- Saute half of chopped onion in 1 Tabsp hot oil in medium skillet over medium heat until tender. Add garlic, and saute 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine cooked onion mixture, beef, and next 4 ingredients, 1/4 teasp salt, and 1/2 teasp pepper. Shape into 6 patties.
- Cook patties in remaining 2 Tabsp. hot oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. (Do not cook until done). Remove patties and set aside.
- Add remaining onion to drippings in skillet, and saute over medium-high heat until tender; add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute, whisk in wine, broth, and remaining 3/4 teasp salt and 1/2 teasp of pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Place patties in lightly greased baking dish, top evenly with gravy.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 25 minutes or until done.
- In the summer I make this recipe in my electric fry pan.
Yummy comfort food. I made this as directed and really enjoyed the red wine in the sauce. Very full-flavored. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.