1/1 Photo of Best Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy
Chef #314984's Note:
Found this recipe in Sourthern Living, this is the only salisbury steak my husband likes so far.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped and divided
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 9.85 ml prepared mustard
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- 4.92 ml pepper, divided
- 226.79 g package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 354.88 ml low sodium beef broth
- 1Saute half of chopped onion in 1 Tabsp hot oil in medium skillet over medium heat until tender. Add garlic, and saute 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2Combine cooked onion mixture, beef, and next 4 ingredients, 1/4 teasp salt, and 1/2 teasp pepper. Shape into 6 patties.
- 3Cook patties in remaining 2 Tabsp. hot oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. (Do not cook until done). Remove patties and set aside.
- 4Add remaining onion to drippings in skillet, and saute over medium-high heat until tender; add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute, whisk in wine, broth, and remaining 3/4 teasp salt and 1/2 teasp of pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 5Place patties in lightly greased baking dish, top evenly with gravy.
- 6Bake, covered, at 350 for 25 minutes or until done.
- 7In the summer I make this recipe in my electric fry pan.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.4
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 164.8 mg
- Sodium 562.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 32.7 g