Recipe by iridemore
Found this recipe in Sourthern Living, this is the only salisbury steak my husband likes so far.
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped and divided
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 9.85 ml prepared mustard
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- 4.92 ml pepper, divided
- 226.79 g packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 354.88 ml low sodium beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute half of chopped onion in 1 Tabsp hot oil in medium skillet over medium heat until tender. Add garlic, and saute 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine cooked onion mixture, beef, and next 4 ingredients, 1/4 teasp salt, and 1/2 teasp pepper. Shape into 6 patties.
- Cook patties in remaining 2 Tabsp. hot oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. (Do not cook until done). Remove patties and set aside.
- Add remaining onion to drippings in skillet, and saute over medium-high heat until tender; add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute, whisk in wine, broth, and remaining 3/4 teasp salt and 1/2 teasp of pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Place patties in lightly greased baking dish, top evenly with gravy.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 25 minutes or until done.
- In the summer I make this recipe in my electric fry pan.