Recipe by grandma2969
we fix this on a gas grill, but I am sure it could be done on a charcoal grill as well..be sure to allow at least 2 hours soak time before attempting to grill...it is so easy..the taste is out of this world..
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
This is my favorite way to cook corn. I like to eat it as a meal with grilled seafood and fresh, crusty French or Italian bread and wine. Soaking the husks for so long help to shield the corn from the direct flames of the grill but keeping that grilled taste.
Directions See How It's Made
- shuck the corn almost to the bottom of the cob and remove as much silk as possible.
- plunge the corn into a buck of cold water along with about 1/2 cup of sugar and let set at least 2 hours --
- while the coals are heating or gas grill is coming to heat --
- partially dry corn that has been soaking and rub with butter and salt and pepper --
- pull the shucks back up and tie at the top with a piece of shuck or string.
- place the corn on an outdoor grill and cover them with a wet, wrung out gunny sack to keep in the steam.
- roast 15-20 minutes, turning frequently or until the corn is cooked through and smells irrestible -- .