1/4 Photos of Best Roasted Chicken You'll Ever Have!!
1 hr 5 mins
This chicken has the crispiest skin, the most wonderful aroma, and the juciest meat. And, I love the simplicity of it. My friend from Lafayette, LA heard a chef talk on the radio about how to prepare his favorite roasted chicken and she called me with the directions. We don't know the name of the chef, sorry. But whoever he is, this really is fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Wash and completely dry the chicken, inside and out, (this is the key, you do not want the bird to steam).
- 3Sprinkle liberally with freshly cracked pepper and Kosher or Sea salt (if all you have is table salt use only a little).
- 4Place in a roasting pan sprayed w/ a tiny amount of oil.
- 5Roast uncovered in a 450 oven for one hour.
- 6Let the chicken rest 15 minutes on a cutting board.
- 7Slice chicken and serve with the pan juices.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Roasted Chicken You'll Ever Have!!
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 971.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 25.2 g