Recipe by Trinkets
This chicken has the crispiest skin, the most wonderful aroma, and the juciest meat. And, I love the simplicity of it. My friend from Lafayette, LA heard a chef talk on the radio about how to prepare his favorite roasted chicken and she called me with the directions. We don't know the name of the chef, sorry. But whoever he is, this really is fantastic!
Top Review by BethHallKelley
Yum! I think next time I will add some garlic or some other wonderful spice that compliments poultry. I baked 2 chickens at once and they were both delicious. Note: Your oven gets a bit smokey from the grease cooking out of the skin, but I have made this repeatedly, one of my favorites.
- 1 (2 -3 lb) whole chickens
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1⁄2-1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon pepper (Freshly ground is better)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Wash and completely dry the chicken, inside and out, (this is the key, you do not want the bird to steam).
- Sprinkle liberally with freshly cracked pepper and Kosher or Sea salt (if all you have is table salt use only a little).
- Place in a roasting pan sprayed w/ a tiny amount of oil.
- Roast uncovered in a 450 oven for one hour.
- Let the chicken rest 15 minutes on a cutting board.
- Slice chicken and serve with the pan juices.