Recipe by Sandy Doenges
This is the best roast beef you will ever try. It is so tender, moist and flavorful! It is very easy to make.
Top Review by cookingmother
This is a delicious roast. I followed the directions exactly and it came out perfect. I heated the remaining soup in the pan and added some cornstarch to make a gravy and it was wonderful. My son loved it too. Thanks for sharing, this will be one I make over and over!
- 3 -4 lbs eye of round roast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (1/2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (I like Liptons)
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the fat from the roast.
- Add the oil to a dutch oven and sear the roast on medium/ high heat until browned.
- While browning the roast, in a medium bowl mix together the cream of celery soup with the dry onion soup mix and 2 cups of water.
- Pour the soup mix over the roast. Cover the top with foil and poke a few holes on top to release the steam.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Every hour remove the pan and carefully roll the roast over.
- Remove the roast from the pan to a cutting board and allow to rest for 15 minutes before thinly slicing. If it is still very hot, it will not slice well and it will crumble.