Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the best roast beef you will ever try. It is so tender, moist and flavorful! It is very easy to make.
- 3 -4 lbs eye of round roast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (1/2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (I like Liptons)
- 2 cups water
- Trim the fat from the roast.
- Add the oil to a dutch oven and sear the roast on medium/ high heat until browned.
- While browning the roast, in a medium bowl mix together the cream of celery soup with the dry onion soup mix and 2 cups of water.
- Pour the soup mix over the roast. Cover the top with foil and poke a few holes on top to release the steam.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Every hour remove the pan and carefully roll the roast over.
- Remove the roast from the pan to a cutting board and allow to rest for 15 minutes before thinly slicing. If it is still very hot, it will not slice well and it will crumble.
This is a delicious roast. I followed the directions exactly and it came out perfect. I heated the remaining soup in the pan and added some cornstarch to make a gravy and it was wonderful. My son loved it too. Thanks for sharing, this will be one I make over and over!