Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a recipe that uses eye of round and it does not turn out dry. It is scrumptious! This is for frozen eye of round.
- 1 large eye of round roast
- 1 (38 g) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In roaster put 1" or 1 1/2" of water.
- Add Lipton onion soup mix. (keep a bit of the powder for the top of the roast).
- Put roast in onion water.
- On top of roast add pepper, onion powder (from soup mix) and 2 or 3 cloves of crushed garlic, then cover with parsley flakes.
- Put into 300 degree oven with tightly covered lid or tin foil.
- Remove from oven when cooked.
- Uncover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Strain broth to about 1" in roaster; then slice meat and layer in broth in roaster.
- Cover and refrigerate if not using right away.
- When reheating place in 200 degree oven covered tightly. (This even tenderizes meat more).
- (You can also add your potatoes, carrots or onions to cook with this all at once).