Recipe by Kennybabe
A delicious, moist muffin with just the right amount of tang, topped with a sweet cinnamon/sugar struesel topping.
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk, soured by mixing it with
- 9.85 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 591.47 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml rhubarb, chopped
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farinheit.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 1 and 1/12 cups brown sugar, oil, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix throughly until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Spoon evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean.
- Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl. Spoon over muffins while still warm.