A delicious, moist muffin with just the right amount of tang, topped with a sweet cinnamon/sugar struesel topping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk, soured by mixing it with
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farinheit.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 1 and 1/12 cups brown sugar, oil, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix throughly until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Spoon evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean.
- Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl. Spoon over muffins while still warm.