Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a fantastic Pesto recipe, one that I make all the time....I usually make lots, and store in my freezer in icecube containers, so I have it ready to add to pasta recipes....when added to any tomato sauce, it seems to always taste better.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- 3 -4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, blend the tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Add the grated cheese, nuts and 1/4 cup olive oil; blend well.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Store in the fridge, or separate evenly in icecube containers and freeze.
- Use in pasta dishes.