Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic Pesto recipe, one that I make all the time....I usually make lots, and store in my freezer in icecube containers, so I have it ready to add to pasta recipes....when added to any tomato sauce, it seems to always taste better.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- 3 -4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, blend the tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Add the grated cheese, nuts and 1/4 cup olive oil; blend well.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Store in the fridge, or separate evenly in icecube containers and freeze.
- Use in pasta dishes.
Great recipe! My husband made it and said he needed to add more oil as it seemed thick. We used it on chicken wrapped in foil on BBQ. Will make again!
It's delicious! I could eat it on its own. Great with pasta. I have so much basil at home, so I used a lot of it, therefore the colour of my pesto is still more green rather than red. However, the taste is fantastic. Thanks!
Made this recipe almost as directed, using 4 large cloves of garlic, half parmesan & half romano, the pine nuts, & then lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Also took the tip & froze most of it in icecube form! Among other things, we already like using some of it as an added thin layer topping on a frozen pizza! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Tag It RED!]