Recipe by Lennie
After monkeying around with several broccoli salad recipes, I finally came up with a winner that I love, and my guests do too. This is excellent on a buffet table and always goes quickly.
Top Review by Bergy
I made two versions of it, with bacon and without bacon.. I love the with bacon but for my semi vegitarian friend I left it out in a portion of the salad. Great taste (even withou the bacon) Thanks Lennie it's a keeper
- 1 large head broccoli
- 8 slice cooked bacon, crumbled
- 118.29 ml finely diced red onion
- 226.79 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare broccoli by washing it well, trimming off large leaves, cutting florets into bite-size pieces and peeling the stem, then slicing thinly.
- Place in a large bowl and add crumbled bacon, onion and cheese; stir.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine mayo, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over salad ingredients and toss well; refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let flavours blend.
- Just before serving, add the halved cherry tomatoes and stir again.