After monkeying around with several broccoli salad recipes, I finally came up with a winner that I love, and my guests do too. This is excellent on a buffet table and always goes quickly.
- Prepare broccoli by washing it well, trimming off large leaves, cutting florets into bite-size pieces and peeling the stem, then slicing thinly.
- Place in a large bowl and add crumbled bacon, onion and cheese; stir.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine mayo, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over salad ingredients and toss well; refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let flavours blend.
- Just before serving, add the halved cherry tomatoes and stir again.