Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
After monkeying around with several broccoli salad recipes, I finally came up with a winner that I love, and my guests do too. This is excellent on a buffet table and always goes quickly.
- 1 large head broccoli
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare broccoli by washing it well, trimming off large leaves, cutting florets into bite-size pieces and peeling the stem, then slicing thinly.
- Place in a large bowl and add crumbled bacon, onion and cheese; stir.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine mayo, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over salad ingredients and toss well; refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let flavours blend.
- Just before serving, add the halved cherry tomatoes and stir again.
I made two versions of it, with bacon and without bacon.. I love the with bacon but for my semi vegitarian friend I left it out in a portion of the salad. Great taste (even withou the bacon) Thanks Lennie it's a keeper
this was great, i followed the recipe exactly other than i used real mayo, since that was what was i had on hand. i served this at a bbq and it was a definate hit. BF has requested it twice since then. the bacon really makes this dish in my opinion, but all the flavors mix well together. another great one lennie!
I just love the flavors in this salad. I don't eat bacon, so I used artificial bacon bits. Yummy, thanks Lennie!