these are large hearty cookies..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups about 3 1/2 oz shredded sweetened coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 375*.Grease several baking sheets or use nonstick spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, thorougly stir flour, baking powder,baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and shortening until lightened. Add the brown sugar and sugar and beat until fluffy and smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until evenly incorporated. Beat or stir in flour mixture until evenly incorporated. Stir in the oats, corn flakes, pecans and coconut until evenly incorporated.
- 4Let the dough stand for 5-10 minutes or until firmed up again.
- 5Shape portions of dough into generous golf ball sized with lightly greased hands. Place on baking sheets, spacing about 3" apart. Using your hand, pat down the balls until about 1/3" thick.
- 6Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, in the upper third of the oven for 8-11 minutes or until tinged with brown and just beginning to firm up in the centers, be careful not to overbake.
- 7Transfer the sheet to a wire rack and let stand until the cookies firm up slightly, about 3 minutes.
- 8Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to wire rack and cool completely -- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ranger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 118.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g