Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
these are large hearty cookies..
Make and share this Best Ranger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄4 cups about 3 1/2 oz shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375*.Grease several baking sheets or use nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, thorougly stir flour, baking powder,baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and shortening until lightened. Add the brown sugar and sugar and beat until fluffy and smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until evenly incorporated. Beat or stir in flour mixture until evenly incorporated. Stir in the oats, corn flakes, pecans and coconut until evenly incorporated.
- Let the dough stand for 5-10 minutes or until firmed up again.
- Shape portions of dough into generous golf ball sized with lightly greased hands. Place on baking sheets, spacing about 3" apart. Using your hand, pat down the balls until about 1/3" thick.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, in the upper third of the oven for 8-11 minutes or until tinged with brown and just beginning to firm up in the centers, be careful not to overbake.
- Transfer the sheet to a wire rack and let stand until the cookies firm up slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to wire rack and cool completely -- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.