Recipe by Marz
These muffins have become a family favorite. Loaded with pumpkin taste! Great for the fall or all year round. This was submitted by Victoria Meacham (won the best pumpkin recipe contest) and published in Quick and Simple magazine. I usually substitute the nuts and raisins for mini-chocolate chips...but it is great as written!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine egg, oil, milk and pumpkin, blending well. Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until just moist.
- Fill muffin tins with batter and bake for 22 to 25 minutes until tops spring back when lightly touched.