This is a great dessert for the holiday season. People love it. It is perfect to give as gifts as well. It is from Epicurious, but I made some changes to the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 2/3 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter 13x9x5/8-inch jelly roll pan.
- 3Line pan with waxed paper; butter paper.
- 4Mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl.
- 5Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- 7Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- 8Lay kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- 9Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Turn out cake onto sugared towel, waxed-paper side up.
- 10Fold 1 side of towel over 1 long side of cake, then roll up cake jelly roll style.
- 11Cool cake.
- 12Combine cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in medium bowl; beat to blend.
- 13Unroll cake; leave on towel.
- 14Peel off paper.
- 15Spread cream cheese filling evenly over cake.
- 16Using towel as, roll up cake and place seam side down on platter. Trim ends of cake.
- 17Dust cake with powdered sugar.
- 18(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 19Cut cake crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Pumpkin Roll Ever.
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 186.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g