Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great dessert for the holiday season. People love it. It is perfect to give as gifts as well. It is from Epicurious, but I made some changes to the ingredients.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 2⁄3 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter 13x9x5/8-inch jelly roll pan.
- Line pan with waxed paper; butter paper.
- Mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Lay kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Turn out cake onto sugared towel, waxed-paper side up.
- Fold 1 side of towel over 1 long side of cake, then roll up cake jelly roll style.
- Cool cake.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in medium bowl; beat to blend.
- Unroll cake; leave on towel.
- Peel off paper.
- Spread cream cheese filling evenly over cake.
- Using towel as, roll up cake and place seam side down on platter. Trim ends of cake.
- Dust cake with powdered sugar.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Cut cake crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices and serve.
This was awesome!!! So good and so easy. I trippled the recipe and took them to a wedding. They were gone quickly and everybody loved them. I will definitely be making this again and again. Yummmmm!!!