1/18 Photos of Best Pumpkin Cookies
Sara in FL's Note:
What can I say about these amazing pumpkin cookies... they are absolutely delicious! Let me put it this way. I baked these every year at Thanksgiving time for my job. My co-workers would come up to me two months in advance to make sure I was making them. One girl who resigned actually called me and asked what day I was bringing them in so that she could stop by - just for these cookies! Another co-worker said she didn't even like pumpkin, but she loved these. The consistency is more cake-like than cookie. The glaze on top of these cookies is fabulous! At least, I think so. I noticed a few of you who rated this recipe said it was too sweet. That is why I suggested it may be omitted, or if you wish, use your own icing. Lots of you have added nutmeg.. hey, make it all your own. That's what this is all about! : )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Have ready some ungreased baking sheets.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
- 4Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract.
- 5In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 6Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
- 7Drop tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges.
- 9Remove warm cookies and transfer to racks.
- 10Let cool completely for a least one half hour, then frost with glaze.
- 11For Glaze:.
- 12In a medium saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbly. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute or until slightly thickened. Beat in the milk. Blend in confectioner's sugar until the glaze is smooth and spreadable. Using a silicone basting brush, which I love and use religiously now, or a butter knife to spread glaze on cookies is the best tip. Please note; this glaze will harden fairly quickly. I suggest that you keep the saucepan over the stove on the lowest heat possible to prevent it from hardening.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Pumpkin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g