Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
surprising what the lemon pudding does to enhance the pumpkin in this moist bread this will make 2 loaves...excellent...it is the pumpkin bread we prefer...I JUST MADE THIS AGAIN LAST NIGHT...IT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST..5 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER LOVES IT..HER FAVORITE BREAD...
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 ounces instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 3 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whisk first 8 ingredients into a large bowl -- set aside.
- in another medium bowl.whisk eggs and vanilla.
- stir into dry ingredients and mix well -- stir in nuts, if desired.
- pour into 2 greased and floured 8x4" loaf pans.
- bake at 350* for 1 hour or toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean --
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.bread will continue to cook after removing from oven.
- cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes --
- remove from pan and cool on wire rack completely -- .