Prep 17 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pie was made for diets, but we learn to make it both ways. It is great--try it!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (or use two if you like it thick)
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- strawberry, sliced
- Cool Whip
- Make pudding according to directions.
- Add pudding to crust.
- Place banana, pineapple and strawberries on pie then top with cool whip.
- For a less fattening way, use skim milk for the pudding and use sugar-free pudding.
- Both ways are great.
I was desiring something sweet when I came across your recipe. I then went to my pantry and found two boxes of instant pudding mix [one vanilla and one french vanilla]. As far as fruit goes I only had bananas. No cool whip either! But I did have all the ingredients to make a graham cracker crust. So I went ahead and made the pie with what I had, using 2 boxes of pudding mix and 2% milk. I followed the directions on the box for pie as opposed to pudding and it came out lovely. As with most pudding, it tasted 3X better the next day! I put my sliced bananas on top and my husband was oh-so-satisfied with the sweet treat that was awaiting him in the fridge. Yes I was the one who wanted to eat the pie but was able to wait until he got home to share and for him to see my pretty arangement of bananas spelling out Jesus <3 You before ate it together. This is a simple recipe for anyone who wants something sweet fast. I gave 4 stars instead of 5 because although it was tasty, it did not own up to its name. But thanks for sharing!