1/2 Photos of Best Praline Cookies
The crushed nut brittle in these cookies makes them different and delicious. Make then any time you want a yummy treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts (filberts) or 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate or 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1Grease a large baking sheet with butter; set aside.
- 2Stir together the 1/3 cup granulated sugar and water in a heavy medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling.
- 3Cook for 2 -/2 to 3-1/2 minutes more or until syrup is a deep golden brown. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in nuts. Immediately pour onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 5Cool completely on a wire rack until firm.
- 6Transfer the firm praline to a heavy plastic bag.
- 7Using a rolling pin, crush the praline into small pieces; set aside.
- 8For cookies, beat the 1 cup butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 9Add brown sugar, the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and baking soda; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 10Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour and crushed praline.
- 11Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 12Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 13Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Praline Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 51.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g