1/1 Photo of Best Potato Salad
I'm usually not brand loyal, but Best Foods (Hellman's) mayonnaise really does make a difference with this recipe. If you must substitute, please avoid Miracle Whip, because it just doesn't taste right. This recipe was created by my mother in 1957.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2838.0 ml potatoes, boiled,peeled &,cubed
- 236.59 ml chopped green onion
- 177.44 ml chopped dill pickle (not relish)
- 113.39 g diced pimentos
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 473.18 ml Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml pickle brine
- 44.37 ml prepared mustard
- 9.85 ml salt
- 1Combine mayo, pickle brine, mustard, salt to make the dressing (pickle brine is the liquid from the dill pickle jar).
- 2Toss with potatoes and other ingredients.
- 3Optional ingredients: 1/2 Celsius finely chopped celery and/or 1/2 Celsius finely chopped bell pepper.
- 4The flavors blend and improve after chilling for several hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 571.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: