Recipe by yjbublick
Once you try this recipe, you will never want any other one! This is my mothers recipe and every Shabbos, our neighbors stop by for their special Shabbos treat!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour oil into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Peel and wash potatoes well.
- Hand grate the potatoes and onion (you can use a food processor, but we like how it tastes better when it is hand grated).
- Add the eggs and seasonings and mix well.
- Pour in most of the hot oil and mix.
- Pour potato mixture into hot pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. (Depending if you like it mushy or well done--bake longer if you like well done).