Recipe by Patricia J.
A cake without shortening, oil or butter but moist sweet and simple to make from scratch. Is fun to bake and take or serve at home to friends and family. The recipe is always requested whenever I bring it to a gathering.
Top Review by stormylee
Yummy cake! Halved the recipe and used 3/4 cup sugar (half brown, half white) and this was still plenty sweet. Very quick to put together and also tasted great warm. Thank you for sharing!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar (can cut to 1 1/2 Cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Either us a hand mixer or beat by hand until well blended. Bake in a greased and floured 9x13 pan at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- a cream cheese frosting is good but this cake needs only powdered sugar.