Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cake without shortening, oil or butter but moist sweet and simple to make from scratch. Is fun to bake and take or serve at home to friends and family. The recipe is always requested whenever I bring it to a gathering.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar (can cut to 1 1/2 Cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Either us a hand mixer or beat by hand until well blended. Bake in a greased and floured 9x13 pan at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- a cream cheese frosting is good but this cake needs only powdered sugar.
Yummy cake! Halved the recipe and used 3/4 cup sugar (half brown, half white) and this was still plenty sweet. Very quick to put together and also tasted great warm. Thank you for sharing!
Good quick cake recipe. Nothing fantastic, just a good dessert. I made according to recipe. Served with cool whip. It would be good frosted as stated.
This has been my stand-by cake for years. I use 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar which works better for me. Also, I use the same base recipe, minus the pineapple and add 3/4 to 1 cup low-fat buttermilk and 3 or 4 mashed bananas. You'll never make another banana cake recipe again. Yummy !!!!