Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the cookbook author Rick Rodgers. It is the best pie crust!
Make and share this Best Pie Crust recipe from Food.com.
- To make the crust, mix the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the shortening and butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stirring with a fork, add just enough of the egg yolk mixture to moisten the dough so it holds together when pinched between the thumb and forefinger.
- (You may not need all of the yolk mixture, or you may have to add a bit more water.) Gather up into a thick disk and wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
Actually this ranks up there as the best pie crust I've eaten. Extremely tender! I added a few dashes of cinnamon to the dry ingredients. The only reason I subtracted a star was that it was very difficult to handle. I will give it another try, though. Maybe our warm weather played a factor, although I tried to keep everyting as cold as possible! Had with a Rhubarb pie. Delish!