These are a must at our house during the holidays. They don't last long, That is why I like this larger recipe.I think that BUTTER is a must in Pecan Sandies. Enjoy (prep time does not include chill time.)
- Cream to gether butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in water and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and pecans until well blended (I use the mixer).
- Cover dough and chill at least 4 hours (can be chilled over night).
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls or cresents.
- Place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
- I like to double roll them in the powdered sugar.