Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in Abby's column. It has to be the very best pecan pie/tarts I have ever tasted and it is easy to make.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 uncooked pie shells (I use the frozen ones) or 48 miniature tart shells
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour into pie shell.
- Or if you are choosing to make tarts, fill tarts shells to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes for the pie and 18 to 20 minutes for the tarts.
- Test with a toothpick, if it comes out dry, the pie/tarts are done.
great taste, very easy! makes exactky 24 3inch tarts. tope each with a whole pecan looks great!
I added 1 Tblsp. of Lemon Juice to cut the overly sweet taste but otherwise it holds up great and tastes great.
Awesome and easy recipe !!! needed a quick desert to bring to thanksgiving dinner, knowing my dad is a big fan of pecan pie I decided to make this recipe in tart form hoping it would be a hit. and OH it was ... the family loved them (thought they were bought) already being asked by my dad to make these for xmas. definitely a keeper !!!