Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Pear and Walnut Salad, but I hate how many calories are in it. So I modified it and it tastes AWESOME!!!!
- 2 cups leafy spring greens
- 1 small pear (diced)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon raisins or 1 teaspoon dried cranberries
- Prepare this salad right before you eat it.
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Voila! The best and guilt-free pear and almond salad!
The flavors go together beautifully! I eat this salad just about every day, but I usually add turkey and skip the pear and the dressing. Basically, anything with nuts and raisins together gets an A from me. :)
EXCELLENT and it has all the items I love in a salad. The flavors blend well and make a very filling salad. Prepared as a participant in the Jan 2009 Lite and Low Fat Event held in the Cooking Photos Forum.
This was SO good! It tastes like a salad that should be on a restaurant menu! I used half of a rather large apple-pear, sugar-free raspberry vinegrette, and I used raisins. This is such a great change from a normal garden salad, and a definite repeat. Thanks for posting it!